Landmine workouts can be a game-changer for your fitness regimen. This apparatus is a barbell that's mounted on one side with weight loaded on the other, offers not just a fun way to exercise but also effective at building muscle.
With its unique features, a landmine enhances core engagement and functional strength. It targets muscles that are often overlooked in regular workouts.
Top Landmine Exercises to Boost Your Training
Here are some of my favorite exercises using a landmine. Remember, the key to effectiveness is maintaining proper form and varying your workouts:
- Front Squat + Knee Raise: Stand with feet shoulder-width apart, hold the bar in an overhand grip, and perform a squat. As you rise, raise your front leg to engage the core.
- Kneeling 1 Arm Press: Position yourself in a kneeling position and perform a press. This exercise targets the shoulder joint and aids in improving the range of motion.
- Chest Press + Leg Raise: The combination of chest press and leg raise adds a new dimension to landmine exercises, making it a great addition to your workout.
- Deadlift + Bent Over Row: This combo is a great way to work your back and legs simultaneously. Make sure to fully extend during the deadlift for maximum benefit.
- Landmine Burpees: Adding a landmine to your burpees will seriously up the ante. The instability of the landmine adds to the risk of injury, so proper form is essential.
- Overhead Reverse Lunge: Hold the bar overhead while performing a reverse lunge. The movement of the bar path during the lunge helps to target your core and improves stability.
- Landmine Twist: Also known as the meadows row, this landmine exercise named after John Meadows, is an excellent way to work your obliques and lats.
- Pull + Press: This combines two fundamental movements into a single exercise, focusing on the upper body and core.
Follow along with the exercises in this video, and let's get started on the journey to improved strength and fitness.