One thousand and one
One thousand and two
One thousand and... oh I didn't see you there!
I was just knockout out some pushups, but it's hard going failure without any equipment. If only there was a list of tips for me to use to make my home workouts harder. What's that? It's right below me?! Ahhh I see!
8 Ways To Make Home Workouts Harder
1. Set up an interval timer to keep track of your rest. I've found that 30 seconds on, 30 seconds off for about 3-4 sets has my muscles burning.
2. Slow down your reps. It's easy to knock out 50 air squats, but if you consciously go as slow as possible you can cut those reps in half to hit failure. Even count out loud "one, two, three, four, five" on the way down and the way up.
3. Add a weight vest. If you don't have a weight vest you can create a makeshift one out of a backpack and anything heavy. Bonus tip: that backpack can also be used as a dumbbell. Fill it with anything heavy, and grip the top handle.
4. Cardio between sets. Depending on how much room you have, you can do side shuffles back and forth, run in place, or even pretend jumprope. Keep your heart rate up and burn those calories!
5. Pulse reps. If you've never done these before, you're in for a shock! You're going to avoid "locking out" to keep tension on your muscle the entire time. If you're doing squats, you never stand up fully. Start up top, go to the bottom and come about 3/4 before going back down.
6. Go for total reps instead of a number of sets. Instead of 4 sets of 10 pushups, aim for 50 total pushups. It's a nice way to switch things up and track your progress.
7. Track new PR's. We all know our max bench and squat, but we most likely don't have access to those weight at home. So test some new maxes. Longest wall sit, longest plank, most pushups in a minute, max pullups, or even how long it takes you to hit 100 pushups/100 situps/100 pullups. Having some concrete numbers to track and beat will keep you on track!
8. Use resistance bands! We just so happen to have a full set of bands on our site. Click here to order your set and open up a world of opportunities!
Take these tips and tweak and optimize your home workouts. It's not the ideal situation, but we can still make the most of it! You're a warrior, you're a beast, you're a badass. You've got this.
- Pure Cut Supps