Working Out Can Get Boring
If you've been lifting for awhile, you might be tired of the same old same old routine. So here's some of the techniques I use in the gym to help keep things fresh.
Here's the ways to switch you your workouts:
- Writing your workout down before you get there. Don't leave until you hit everything you planned.
- Use the same weight for supersets. Back to back, no rest in between.
- Change the tempo of your reps. Some faster, some slower.
- Hit abs between sets
- Measure time instead of reps. "Most reps in a minute" or "Every minute, on the minute"
- Combine movements. Turn 2 exercises into one fluid motion.
- Abs + stability with exercises.
- Cardio between sets. Jump rope, toe tap, sprints, burpees, jumping jacks.
- A single exercise between other exercises
- Measure max reps per set/day. Gauge your progress and try to hit more in the future.